If you're looking for publications by LeTech, please see our page on Google Scholar
Completed Ph.D. Thesis Projects
- Tapio Auvinen: Educational Technologies for Supporting Self-Regulated Learning in Online Learning Environments, 2015
- Lasse Hakulinen: Gameful Approaches for Computer Science Education: From Gamification to Alternate Reality Games, 2015
- Aura Paloheimo: Women and Higher Engineering Education – Supporting Strategies, 2015
- Juha Helminen: Supporting Acquisition of Programming Skills in Introductory Programming Education Environments for Practicing Programming and Recording and Analysis of Exercise Sessions, 2014
- Ahmad Taherkhani: Automatic Algorithm Recognition Based on Programming Schemas and Beacons - A Supervised Machine Learning Classification Approach, 2013
- Jussi Nikander: Interaction and visualization methods in teaching spatial algorithms and analyzing spatial data, 2012
- Otto Sepällä: Advances in assessment of programming skills, 2012
- Juha Sorva: Visual program simulation in introductory programming education, 2012
- Jan Lönnberg: Understanding and debugging concurrent programs through visualisation, 2012
- Petri Ihantola: Automated assessment of programming assignments : visual feedback, assignment mobility, and assessment of students' testing skills, 2011
- Ville Karavirta: Facilitating algorithm visualization creation and adoption in education, 2009
- Päivi Kinnunen: Challenges of teaching and studying programming at a university of technology - Viewpoints of students, teachers and the university, 2009
- Sami Surakka: Needs assessment of software systems graduates, 2005
- Ari Korhonen: Visual Algorithm simulation, 2003.
Completed Master's Thesis Projects
- Sampo Kivirinta (2014): Reducing Persisting Cognitive Dissonance and Computer Science 1 Drop-Out Rates Using a Visual Debugger Aid
- Teemu Sirkia (2012): Recognizing Programming Misconceptions - An analysis of the data collected from the UUhistle program simulation tool
- Teemu Koskinen (2012): Improving Interoperability of E-Learning Systems by Using a Service-Oriented Approach
- Kalle Aaltonen (2010): Mutation Testing in Automatic Assessment of Software Testing Skills
- Lasse Hakulinen (2010): Using Computer Supported Cooperative Work systems in Computer Science education - Case: PeerWise at TKK.
- Sakari Lampinen (2010): Detecting Roles of Variables in an Intermediate Language.
- Tapio Auvinen (2009): Rubyric - A Rubrics-Based Online Assessment Tool for Effortless Authoring of Personalized Feedback.
- Juha Helminen (2009): Jype - An Education-Oriented Integrated Program Visualization, Visual Debugging, and Programming Exercise Tool for Python.
- Ahmad Taherkhani (2008): Static Program Analysis for Recognizing Sorting Algorithms.
- Petri Ihantola (2006): Automatic Test Data Generation for Programming Exercises with Symbolic Execution and Java PathFinder.
- Juha Sorva (2005): Ox - A Tool For Testing Java Exercises (in Finnish).
- Ville Karavirta (2005): XAAL - Extensible Algorithm Animation Language.
- Jussi Nikander (2005): Managing Automatically Assessed Exercises in TRAKLA2.
- Juha Litola (2005): Visualization of Internet Search Engine Results (in Finnish).
- Leena Salmela (2005): Automatic compiler building exercises (in Finnish).
- Markku Rontu (2004): Visual queries for a student information system.
- Jan Lönnberg (2003): Visual testing of software.
- Otto Seppälä (2003): Visual Java Debugger for Computer Science Education.
- Panu Silvasti (2003): Collecting statistical data of the usage of algorithmic exercise applets (in Finnish).